Umut Reviews's Reviews > Before She Knew Him

Before She Knew Him by Peter  Swanson

bookshelves: favorites-2019

BLEW MY MIND! Best crime fiction I've read in a long time. So clever, so unpredictable, full of twists and turns. I couldn't breathe.
This book is great on so many levels that I don't know where to start. First of all, the writing is amazing. Swanson surely knows how to do characterisation, build a perfect plot, keep you on the edge until the last moment.
Second, I think he's a very confident, daring writer as he chose to let us know who actually the criminal is and turned this into a mind blowing chase plot. It was very original and exciting to follow.
Third, he didn't hide anything from the reader. It was not one of these thrillers that you only have the information to guess the plot at the last minute and the writer wraps it up in a rush. We had everything, but still I couldn't guess.
The twist made my jaw drop open, honestly, I couldn't pull myself together for a while. And it didn't stop there, kept going on and on.
The last thing to mention is, everything was ties up so well, no loose ends. The motives of the people, the character developments, the order and turn of events were just perfect.
I can't really fault it.
This book will be on my BEST books of 2019 list for sure. I can't recommend it enough.

Thanks SO MUCH to Faber Faber for this complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before She Knew Him.

January 18, 2019 – Started Reading
January 18, 2019 – Shelved
January 18, 2019 –
page 115
35.94% "Now, THIS is a THRILLER! A fantastic one."
January 18, 2019 –
page 170
January 19, 2019 – Finished Reading
August 2, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites-2019

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Holly  B Absolutely LOVED this too. Can't wait to read your full review.

Umut Reviews Holly wrote: "Absolutely LOVED this too. Can't wait to read your full review."

It was so refreshing, I'm glad you liked it too :)

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Great review... glad you enjoyed this so much!

Umut Reviews Nicola wrote: "Fabulous review Umut! I’m happy to see how much you enjoyed it. :)"

Thanks a lot Nicola! It was really really good :) x

Umut Reviews Sandra wrote: "Great review... glad you enjoyed this so much!"

Thanks Sandra! I hope you do too :)