Kiki Cole's Reviews > Let's Go Swimming on Doomsday

Let's Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson

This book was definitively difficult to read. With its topics of violence, sexual abuses, and religious terrorist groups, this Somali based story gave no air to breathe. Every page felt like a constant struggle where I even felt on edge and as if eyes were watching me. For Abdi, our brave and persistent MC, he was so young to have to mature and experience all of the hardship and blood at 16. I gave this a 4 stars rating because although this story was a unique tale that I would have never thought would be released into the world, something was lacking. I understand why because there did not seem to be a clear fluidity where the story just skated in a straight line, but it was a hectic rollercoaster ride. It is an honest and raw story that does not attract the light-hearted. Those who experience war or have faced difficult times can handle this story about a young boy risking it all for his family as I hope we all would.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Go Swimming on Doomsday.

January 17, 2019 – Started Reading