Michaelene's Reviews > Passion and Ink

Passion and Ink by Naima Simone

bookshelves: flaming-hot, taboo, stepbrother-romance

I absolutely love Naima Simone's books! I've been a fan for a long time, and each new release has me gobbling it straight through. Passion and Ink was no different.

I actually forgot who Cypress was going to be to Jude in this taboo romance, and when it came about, I did a happy dance because heck, yes!! Cypress is down on her luck and working at a bar when she meets Jay at one of her tables. The chemistry crackles from the very first and despite Cypress's misgivings about getting invested again, that's just what happens.

If only the man in question didn't turn out to be her stepbrother to boot! *cackles in glee*

Jude was the sweetest! I had a case of heart eyes after this book was finished because he's such a GOOD MAN. He kind of has his "Oh, shitake mushroom" moment where Cypress is concerned, but I also love how everything played out. There's a lot in Jude's past he has to confront, but confront it he does.

Cypress was the perfect mix of badass but vulnerable, and I just loved her to pieces. Naima writes such dynamic heroines that you can't help but think of them as friends long after the book is finished. Get ready for steam, drama, and the heart squeegies in this read!

4 stars!

*I voluntarily reviewed an arc via the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion and Ink.

January 17, 2019 – Shelved