The CurvyJones's Reviews > Love Grind

Love Grind by Shelly Ellis

bookshelves: challenge-2019, readsoullit, romance, novella, series

** spoiler alert ** Thanks to HoneyMagnolia and the author for a complimentary copy of this book. *greedy fingers* I absolutely loved it, in fact, I read it twice.
I don't know if it's fair to say, because I loved the previous books in this series as well, but I feel like Shelly Ellis saved the best for last. All three heroines left a life behind to work at MacLaine Academy, to try to save the place from being shut down. Bina, Monique and now Jennifer find themselves in a place they'd always called home.
I felt like this book was gritty, much like the feel of Ellis' other current series, IN THESE STREETS (if you've read Book 1, there's actually a surprise in this one!). Jennifer is as down on her luck as can be, moving from Broadway to the strip club and just when you think things couldn't get worse, they do.
After a serious threat, Jennifer ends up renting an AirBnB room from hunky Blair (yes, visions of Mr. Blair Underwood should dance through your head) and his cute-as-heck Boxer Horatio. Both become her saviors. I have to admit, a dog sells a book for me. If I fall in love with the dog, it's a TKO.
Blair has his own issues-- a redirection to his life, a... difficult... significant other ( Shelly always writes that one character I LOVE to hate) and now a new tenant. I won't give away what happens, but suffice it to say it is lush and sensual and... mmhmmm. Like others, I could have handled a novel length story on this couple.

Get this book and put it in your face. You won't regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Grind.

January 16, 2019 – Started Reading