Jim C's Reviews > Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis

War has come to Krynn and a group of friends find themselves in the middle of it. This group consists of humans, elves, and other species. This war is being fought on different levels as it is being waged by the inhabitants of Krynn but also by the gods.

My introduction to fantasy was this trilogy. I didn't know about realms like Middle-Earth or Shannara. This trilogy is near and dear to my heart and I make it a point to reread this every so often. I know it has its flaws but for me it is perfect. I believe it is perfect because of the characters. I absolutely love them all and at different times of my life I have connected with different ones. Reading this when it came out and as a teenager I connected with Raistlin who isn't the popular kid and strives for power. As an adult I see thru the eyes of Tanis, the leader of the group, and Sturm, the knight who has a code of honor. When I am old and entering my twilight years I will probably connect more with Flint who is in that stage of life. What I am saying is that there is someone for everyone. There are plenty of battles and sword fights combined with magical spells to entertain all. The authors include intrigue and different threads that entice the reader to jump into the next book.

This might not be considered a fantasy genre masterpiece by the experts but for me it is. Different books mean so much to different people and this book and trilogy means so much to me. I was just getting into the aspect of reading and this book opened up my eyes to many possibilities and worlds. For that, I am ever so grateful and why this gets an easy five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

January 16, 2019 – Started Reading
January 16, 2019 – Shelved
January 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Gianfranco Mancini First fantasy novel I've read in my life, still one of my most favourite ones ever.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim C Gianfranco wrote: "First fantasy novel I've read in my life, still one of my most favourite ones ever."

Same here. It might not have the best world building or depth like other fantasy series but this trilogy holds such a special place in my heart.

BLynne I read this in high school and again later. Just love this trilogy.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim C Brandi wrote: "I read this in high school and again later. Just love this trilogy."

My first time reading this was when I was in high school. This might be my fourth time rereading it and I think I love it more and more every time I read it.