Beth Bonini's Reviews > My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness

My Father's Daughter by Gwyneth Paltrow

Jan 25, 2012

bookshelves: cookbooks
Read in January, 2012

I looked at this book for ages before buying it; finding it for a bargain price at TK Maxx finally encouraged me to close the deal. And I don't regret it, because this book has a lot of simple, healthy recipes that I can make for dinner (as long as my oldest daughter is not dining with us). There are a few recipes that I would quibble with -- only because they are SO basic. (Come on, do we need someone to tell us to add some parmesan cheese and butter to spaghetti?) BUT I came away from this book being convinced of Gwyneth's foodie credentials. Despite her extreme thinness, I DO believe that she eats blue cheese. (I loved her line about her love for blue cheese being known and feared within her family.) I made her chicken stir-fry and brown rice and kale not so long ago and it was really, really good. Memorably good. I will definitely be making it again.

Do be warned, though, that GP loves fish, anchovies, olives and bitter greens. If you aren't fond of these things, this may not be the best book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Father's Daughter.

05/09/2016 marked as: read