Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Treading The Uneven Road

Treading The Uneven Road by L.M.   Brown

19253213

bookshelves: review-requests, cultural, short-stories

4.5/5

Treading The Uneven Road by L.M. Brown is a beautiful collection of short stories about a small town in Ireland in the early '80s and '90s. I had a very good time reading this book and the thing I found most impressive about this story collection is that each and every story bore a plethora of emotions that were very real and relatable. Being from a small town myself, I enjoy books that display the lives of people in small towns, the highs and the lows of living in a close-knit and ever-watching society. So I really enjoyed this book.

All the stories were related in some way or the other and so they felt more like chapters than individual stories which was another thing that I liked as this made the overall theme more interesting. The characterization was good, the writing was good and the pacing was very good. I'd say this book would make for an excellent coffee table book.

I'd recommend this book to everyone who loves exploring new cultures and distinct works fo literature.

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treading The Uneven Road.

January 16, 2019 – Shelved