Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > The Raven's Tale

The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters

bookshelves: top-reads

The Raven’s Tale is evocative of gothic beauty. Winters paints a picture of madness and creates vivid symbols of imagination and genius. It is a tale woven with darkness and prose that will send shivers down your spine.

This book fed my gothic soul and the Poe lover in me. It was everything I hoped it would be, and so much more! My mind was alight with images so clearly described by the beautiful writing found within, and my heart consistently beat like the Tell Tale Heart.

I truly felt like I was in the mind of young Edgar Allan Poe. And putting a face and symbol to his muse was a stroke of genius. Lenore was macabre and beautiful. I loved envisioning what could have been going through his mind during this time, and what inspired him to write his famous works. I also really loved that I could tell that Winters did her homework on both Poe and the time period.

But, what I truly loved was the message that I got from the story. It wasn’t just about Edgar Poe’s early life and creative inspiration. It was about doing what you truly love and not letting others bring you down. It was about not being ashamed of who you are, even if others don’t understand.

The Raven’s Tale was deep, dark, and dangerous. It screamed Edgar Allan Poe. It was gothic perfection and it gave all the same feels as if I were watching a Vincent Price movie. It bordered gloriously on the side of horror while offering the intrigue and excitement of the paranormal.

Thank you to Abrams Kids/ Amulet Books/Pique Beyond for providing me with this finished copy in exchange for my honest review, and as a #RavensTaleAmbassador.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven's Tale.

January 16, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 16, 2019 – Shelved
March 25, 2019 – Started Reading
March 26, 2019 –
page 367
99.73% "SO GOOD! 5 Star review to come!"
March 26, 2019 – Finished Reading