tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Continuo La Serie Delle Mie Mostre A Domicilio.

Continuo La Serie Delle Mie Mostre A Domicilio. by Guglielmo Achille Cavellini

bookshelves: artists-books

This bk may actually be entitled "Analogie" although I don't find that written anywhere on it. There's a catalog entitled that listed on WikiPedia's Cavellini entry. What I've chosen as the title here is the 1st sentence of what's actually written on the cover of the bk. The full text, translated into English on the inside of the bk, is:

"I am continuing the series of my home delivery exhibitions. The illustrations do not have their own captions. Those who want more detailed information and to receive this publication may write to me."

On the left of each 2 page spread is an image of another artist & on the right is Cavellini similarly posed. His thoroughness is a good indicator of his enthusiasm, his love of art & artists. There's a picture of Picasso w/ one of his paintings in front of him w/ his arms resting on the top of the painting & the top of his body showing - to the right Cavellini w/ a painting of self-portraits in series. There's an encyclopedia entry for Michelangelo & one for Cavellini. There's Duchamp peering thru a parted curtain & someone who doesn't look like Cavellini to me doing the same. There're 2 Last Suppers, columns, Rauschenberg, DiChirico, artists I don't recognize, studio shots, fotos w/ loved ones, Van Gogh, a front of a museum exhibiting the work of Giorgio Morandi flanked by another shot of the same bldg w/ a presumably collaged-in foto of a banner advertising a Cavellini exhibit there. You get the idea. Mao & Nixon shaking hands, Cavellini touching Warhol's elbow. The enthusiasm is infectious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Continuo La Serie Delle Mie Mostre A Domicilio..