Emily's Reviews > Here There Are Monsters

Here There Are Monsters by Amelinda Bérubé

12065550

"Is this me losing my mind? This is what nightmares feel like--the pulsing, unreal fear you can't shake."

Here There are Monsters was one of the Ladies of Horror Fiction readalong picks for October, and I loved it! This story was dark, odd, and entertaining.

I wish there would have been more info about what exactly went on, which kept it from being a 5⭐ for me, but I still felt like I had enough information to enjoy it.

I liked that overall it was about doing things because you want to (selfishly), and the consequences that has for yourself and other people. I wish it would have dug more into it, but again, it worked well enough.

I had my usual standard reaction with YA books - the romance aspect seemed silly and forced, and I tried to ignore it as much as I could. I enjoyed the rest of the book.

I have the author's other book & definitely want to read it soon. If you enjoyed Gillian French's The Missing Season, this book has similar vibes, and I recommend picking it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here There Are Monsters.

January 15, 2019 – Shelved
page 106
October 8, 2019 –
page 204
October 8, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Shell Hunt I'm excited to see your thoughts. I loved this book!