Kristin Holt's Reviews > A Reluctant Melody

A Reluctant Melody by Sandra Ardoin

I'm blown away by the quality in every element of A Reluctant Melody by Sandra Ardoin. I was swept into the story from the opening paragraphs. Without a single extraneous occurrence or character, the Christian themes became paramount to the characters (Joanna Stewart and Christopher "Kit" Barnes). Ms. Ardoin deals with difficult and true-to-life challenges with all their ugliness and handled all that truth with grace and dignity. The Christian elements are deep, significant, and essential to the story, arising naturally from the circumstances and the characters. This story deserves Goodreads' "It was amazing" level of five stars.

I quickly headed to purchase the related story, The Yuletide Angel, and was pleased to discover I'd purchased it some time ago. Can't wait to read it!

This novel is one of the very few that I'll reread for the pleasure of immersing myself in well-crafted and historically accurate fiction... and for my never-ending craving to learn from authors who inspire me to reach beyond my current capacities.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Reluctant Melody.

January 12, 2019 – Started Reading