Linda Martin's Reviews > The Woman in the Window

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

bookshelves: 2019, popsugar-reading-challenge-2019, new-york, suspense, fiction, psychology

Very suspenseful and engrossing - to the point where I lost all track of time while listening to the audiobook version of this novel. It was Saturday night and the novel ended, and I suddenly realized it was after 3 am - it was that kind of book.

I liked the reader's voice and thought the audiobook version was awesome.

To a point, it was a bit too suspenseful and drawn out... even a tiny bit repetitive. But who cares? It kept my interest, informed and entertained me all at one time. There were people with mental problems and a personality disorder . . . plenty to keep you guessing about who was sane, who wasn't, and why.

My one big complaint about this book - and the reason I gave it four stars instead of five, was that the author (a man) kept having the women in this book make comments about the bodies of men (so good looking, etc.) which annoyed me because I'm a woman, and I don't sit around making comments about the good looking men I meet. I guess there are some women who might, but I've rarely run into women who make these comments that sound like sexual innuendos ... though I know men do that... they make comments about the physical appearance of women. I think the male author of this book might think women do this just as much as men. In my experience (and I have a lot of experience because I'm 66 years old right now) we women aren't frequently making comments about how a man looks. I think most women have other criteria by which they admire men, like behavior characteristics rather than physical characteristics. I hope the author sees this review and takes it as a suggestion for whatever novels come next.

Great story anyhow - I don't often read novels in the suspense/thriller genres but this psychological suspense was awesome. I did guess some things prior to having them revealed in the story, but that's not a big deal to me. Can't wait to see the movie version.

I read this book for the 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge, prompt #1 - a book being made into a movie in 2019.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman in the Window.

January 14, 2019 – Shelved