Karen's Reviews > I Owe You One

I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

190448

4.5 stars.

Loved this book! I haven't always been a Sophie Kinsella reader but I've read her on and off for the last five years or so and I like her quirky but real characters. It's important for you to know what you're signing up for when you read her books. These are fun, sweet books and if you go in with a different expectation, they will disappoint or frustrate you. I find that there are moments where her books are just right for me.

I like the windy plots that you know are going to end well. I like that she drives you mad with "why is the character doing that?!" but deep down you know the character is just being human and it's hard to be a human.

Her characters grow as you read the book and you fall in love with them piece by piece and root for them even as they drive you mad. And then when the book is finished, you feel sad knowing you will not get more of those characters.

I think this book was exactly what I needed right now. It's light, it's sweet, it's like a nice, warm hug that made me smile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Owe You One.

January 13, 2019 – Shelved