Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Enthralled

Enthralled by Giana Darling

20997898

bookshelves: arc, favourite

Giana Darling’s poetic prose is my absolute favourite thing to consume—a seamless flow of enchanting sentences and enthralling moments weaved together to create an evocative narrative that will captivate your attention, entice your senses and summon an array of diverse emotions to surface. I’ve been charmed by every facet of this author’s writing since devouring the emotionally raw and passionate affair between Giselle and Sinclair.

But the true interest that truthfully attracted me lied with Alexander Davenport, the enigmatic and detached man who appeared beside Cosima Lombardi, screaming hushed tones of wicked deviance and unsolicited desire without needing to utter many words. Beautifully wretched, devilishly enticing and sinfully haunting, Enthralled will lure you into its darkened depths of servitude and dubious consent, unveiling the severe complex threads that bind, together in irrevocable ways, a slave and Master.

Five years might pass, the contract between us might dissolve into dust with time, but I would always be, elementally and crucially, Master Alexander’s woman.

I’ve been enamoured with Cosima, a delightfully aspiring woman with endearing vibrance, wise self-preservation and intense fierceness, its earnestness unrivalled by anyone else, since she was introduced in Giselle’s equally intense story. Cosima’s harboured secrets created an aura of mystery beyond her beloved daughter, loving sister and flourishing model persona, leaving me desperate to discover more of what lies beneath this fascinating woman’s carefully crafted facade. Reading Enthralled magnified my unsatiated curiosity, meanwhile satisfied my burning interest to understand this secretive woman better. Her poignant romanticist view on life is an endearing albeit heartrending quality that stands against the darkening atmosphere creeping and lingering throughout this narrative and contrasts beautifully with Alexander’s domineering character.

“Some monsters are made and some are born. You could say that I’m the worst of both worlds.”

Without doubt, Alexander is an enigma—comprised of an unfathomable series of hidden facets and untold secrets threaded together to manifest itself into a hardened and unreadable seeming gentleman. Promises of lascivious domination, debauched servitude and the bindings of an inescapable relationship demanding give and take without remorse burns bright within his shrewd irises, obvious in rare smiles he grants. I can’t stop myself from gravitating towards this commanding man’s intimidating yet alluring persona, despite his rough touches and all-consuming kisses that aren’t gentle or loving.

His controlling nature shouldn’t have been so intoxicating, but I knew myself well enough to admit, I was in his thrall.

Realistically, I shouldn’t be drawn towards the darkness of forced servitude or the exacting attitude of dominance, but there’s something powerfully seductive and fascinating about submission. Witnessing Cosima’s inevitable subservience, the way her body and mind, in its own unique method, commands Alexander is an act of reverent strength and dominance in itself. I adored her transformation from sheltered and sexually uncertain to blossoming into this liberated, wanton woman without hesitation.

Enthralled is sexually wicked and morally corrupt, however the darkness so blinding and compelling in deliverance, the juxtaposition between dominance and submissiveness written beautifully, it is hard to resist being drawn towards this narrative. I didn’t want to disclose much information regarding this duet because walking into this unaware with an open mind amplifies the sensations you experience, the emotions you undergo, the conundrum your thoughts will have to overcome.

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enthralled.

January 13, 2019 – Shelved
January 13, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 25, 2019 – Started Reading
March 25, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
March 25, 2019 –
0.0% "I haven't been motivated to read (despite the million ARCs overwhelming me), because my thirsty arse has been waiting for Master Alexander."
March 26, 2019 –
13.0% "I'm trading in Daniel Sinclair for Master Alexander Davenport."
March 28, 2019 –
69.0% "🤤🤤🤤"
March 28, 2019 – Shelved as: favourite
March 28, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ My kindle is ready to combust with arcs, pretty sure half of them I didn't sign up for!! Enjoy!! This ones up for me too

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "My kindle is ready to combust with arcs, pretty sure half of them I didn't sign up for!! Enjoy!! This ones up for me too"

I swear I don't remember signing up to half the ARCs that wind up on my Kindle

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ I think I sleep walk because some look like mills and boon shit 😂

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "I think I sleep walk because some look like mills and boon shit 😂"

😂😂😂

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Reading this now and can't wait to be captivated!! Awesome review as always, Rochelle! <3 x

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Reading this now and can't wait to be captivated!! Awesome review as always, Rochelle! <3 x"

I hope you enjoy reading Enthralled! Thank you so much, Alex, you're too kind x ❤️