Minna's Reviews > Love in a Nutshell

Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich

Jan 24, 2012

it was ok

Well, I read this in spite of - not because of - the author. Janet Evanovich doesn't hold any especial allure for me, and frankly after one or two Stephanie Plum books I had had enough.
I really enjoyed the setting, being from Michigan myself, but that wasn't much of a surprise. The plot was admittedly a little thin, considering the fact that a real business facing that level of sabotage would have some darn good security installed (never mind an amateur "snoop" hired for a $20,000 bonus to catch the baddie). But I wasn't reading it for the plot, per se, but for the relationship. I wanted to like it! I really did. And Matt (the main male character) was to die for. Sinfully hot, loyal, empathetic, sympathetic, smart, kind: a lot like Chuck, his 3-legged hound dog (well, maybe minus the sinfully hot part). And what kind of dog did Kate have? A prissy, pampered, fussy, miniature poodle. Yep, fairly accurate metaphor. Girl, you can't shut a man down that many times and still have a chance with him, okay? I couldn't get behind Kate, as much as I wanted to, which brought the whole love story thing down. Which was really too bad, considering how absolutely awesome the setting was.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in a Nutshell.