michelle's Reviews > The Fires of Heaven

The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan

Jan 24, 2012

The series so far is great!
It follows three separate stories being told at the same time. It can be slow in places but Robert Jorden impressively sets up lots of events for future chapters and books. During the middle of the book especially the last few chapters an enormous number of important events in the series take place, several new characters are also introduced and some well-known characters are apparently killed off.....

Theres definitely a political aspect to this book but with some adventure and action thrown in.

During this book surprises are literally sprung on you when you least expect it, followed by unseen action coming out of nowhere with shock and suspense thrown in for good measure, all the things that made me fall in love with this series and keeps me up till the early hours of the morning wanting to find out more regardless of work the next morning ha.

There is a lot of character development in this book and a lot of power shifts,which i found really interesting to read, we see the characters coming to terms with who they have to become even if it isnt who they want to be...eh hem Mat and Rand, we also see them move into positions of high authority and influence and thus are able to move forward in beginning the process of uniting the world to face the last battle.

Perrin wasnt really in this book but i feel that Mats chapters really shined and let us get to know him better and the leader that he's becoming that i didnt really mind and i suspect that we be seeing a lot more of perrin in the books to come.

All in All an engaging read that left me wanting more:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fires of Heaven.

January 24, 2012 – Started Reading