Melanie's Reviews > Normal People

Normal People by Sally Rooney

bookshelves: contemporary, subscription-box-botm, buddy-reads, read-in-2019

Okay, I think this book is not only going to be polarizing, but most people will dislike it. But.. the writing was so hypnotic to me, I felt so much for both of these characters, and I just loved it a lot.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Buddy read with Romie from books & coffee with romie! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Normal People.

January 12, 2019 – Shelved
January 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 12, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 13, 2019 – Shelved as: subscription-box-botm
July 19, 2019 – Started Reading
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
July 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Türkan Currently reading it, it's definitely a strange book, but I'm enjoying it so far!

Rachel Couldn’t agree more!

Aoife - Bookish_Babbling Have to say I was one of those who didn't like it. The first book I've dnf'd since joining GR in fact...i got so mad at the lack of communication that 2 months after starting it i still couldn't pick it back up for fear I'd be tempted to toss it out a window 🙈

Very glad you enjoyed it though, always happy to see Irish authors & books that take place in Ireland being well received and doing so well 💚

freya so glad you loved this! it’s one of my favourite ever books — conversations with friends is also amazingly written

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Had this on my shelf for a while now and have just been on the fence! Can't wait for your review, gorgeous <3 Glad you loved it x

Maliha Tabassum Tisha (on semi-hiatus) This is one of my most favorite books of all time. I'm so glad that you loved it, too, Melanie! <3