James's Reviews > We Are Legion (We Are Bob)

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor

This book was so much more than I expected! Wow, what a great concept, great writing and a great narration by Ray Porter.

When I decided to buy the book I was hoping to something like Rob Kroese's "Rex Nihilo" books or Robert Lynn Asprin's "Myth Inc." books, or, if I got really lucky, maybe Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat. What I got was so much more - definitely funny, but also thought provoking and based on real science! A funny hard science fiction novel! The best of many worlds, so to speak.

To say I was engrossed in the novel would be an understatement. I purchased it as an audio book, to which I only listen while I'm commuting to and from work (I fall asleep or become distracted otherwise). On at least three occasions I've had to force myself to not buy the e-book. Why? Well, there was the sunk cost fallacy, to which I am as susceptible as anyone, but even more compelling was the unbelievable job Ray Porter did with the narration.

Happily, frustratingly, I have the two remaining novels on audio. I can't wait to dive in to them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are Legion (We Are Bob).

January 12, 2019 – Started Reading
January 12, 2019 – Shelved
February 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Noah Goats I liked this one quite a bit as well. Tons of fun.

message 2: by Berthold (new)

Berthold Gambrel Oooh, this sounds promising. Thanks!