Rachel's Reviews > Torrent

Torrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren

bookshelves: favorites, great-clean-reads-for-ya

I love, love, love this book! Cascade is probably still my favorite, but this was in no way disappointed me. At all. In fact, I actually read this on the beach in Florida. So, obviously, it had to be awesome for me to be reading it! And I finished in two days....and it's a pretty long book, honestly.

I never would have thought Ms. Bergren could write new adventures for Gabi, Marcello, Luca, and Lia. I mean, we've done a lot with them - stormed castles, gone to dances, been captured and wounded, run for their lives, several major battles. But let me tell you when you won't be disappointed with their new adventures! Not boring in the least!

First, we see a LOT more of Lord Greco. Now, I am totally and completely for Gabi going for Marcello. Really, there was NO doubt in my mind...until this book. I can't say there's exactly a love triangle, but you'll definitely be cheering for Greco to find his true love as well. For being a "bad guy", I sure fell in love with him!

And the romance? Wow. It's definitely at its best in this book. Marcello and Luca both turn it up toward our She-Wolves. And I absolutely loved it! However, their love is also tested. It's not easy committing to each other fully and Ms. Bergren really shows the true trials of being in love. It's not as easy as a lot of YA books make it out to be. Gabi definitely has a lot of decisions to make, along with her family.

That's the other thing. I really liked Gabi and Lia with their parents. I loved their dad. He really handled things well considering he was seeing Gabi and Lia a couple years older than they were supposed to and then they tell him he was dead, etc. And then, if course, the whole traveling through time. Oh, and then there's Gabi's falling in love with a Italian knight. That's got a be a biggie.

And the ending battle? Very awesome and suspenseful! And Marcello and Gabi!!! *squeal* Oh, and Gabi's totally stressful dilemma and "escape"? So cool and heart wrenching!

Even though it was a good ending to the series, I am so sorry to see it end! I've heard there are going to be more books with our favorite characters, but from Lia's POV. Not that I don't like Lia or anything (because I really love her to death), but I just *adore* Gabi, so I'll be really sad to see her leave. Either way, this was a great way to end the series and I really, really hope you pick this series up!

Sexual content: Kissing. (view spoiler) Language/Profanity: none. Violence: Fighting scenes. Some description, but nothing too gory.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torrent.

Finished Reading