Romancing the Book's Reviews > A Christmas to Remember (Holiday)

A Christmas to Remember (Holiday) by Debra St. John

Jan 24, 2012

bookshelves: christmas, contemporary, romance
Read in January, 2012

Reviewed By~Joanne
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

This was a feel good story with a Christmas theme that held my interest from the beginning. After reading the prelude you knew good things were going to happen for Heather and the postlude clinched it. The words used to describe the mountains and the ski slopes were vivid enough to make you feel like you were there - feeling and hearing the snow crunch under the skis, seeing the glare on all the whiteness surrounding you and the crush of the crowds. Although not a skier I could also picture the feeling of skiing as if I were.

Watching the attraction Sam and Heather felt for each other grow was touching. Although a novella there was plenty of romantic story plus the happily ever after. The book was totally different from what I expected but it actually turned out to be so much more and I never could have predicted the ending. I have not read books by St John previously but will definitely look to read more in the future.

Favorite Quote: "You know." She gestured toward him. "A mysterious stranger asking me to dinner. Stuff like that only happens in romance novels. It's not something that happens in real life."
Not to her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas to Remember (Holiday).