Lucy's Reviews > I'll Find You

I'll Find You by Liz Lawler

F 50x66

This is a crime thriller with a brilliant twist at the end. Nurse Emily Jacobs is the main character, whose sister went missing a year ago and she has spent that time searching for her, now on the anniversary she is going back to work. Originally an A&E nurse she has a new job at the private hospital her sister Zoe was last seen at, after only a couple of weeks she's on the other side of the treatment as a patient for a minor op but suspects somethings awry. She hears something in the night she recognises as a defibrillator and the patient in the next bed being shocked, but everyone denies there being anyone in her room. Clues start mounting and she is determined to find out the truth, the problem is she keeps seeing other things that aren't there so no one believes her.
The main character starts as a strong confident women who is quite likeable but she doesn't help herself when dealing with her problems, she has a therapist and a police officer on her side but her actions with her colleagues alienate them. The other characters are very well written and suitably unlikable. The plot is a little far fetched but very readable, there is a little too much repeating early on but the pace speeds up when you get into it. You can tell the author has a medical background there is a lot of detail in the hospital, I like this being from a similar background.
It was a slow burner for me with a solid 3 stars until the end, the last third was read in a couple of hours with the conclusions coming thick and fast, the last twist did give it an extra star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Find You.

January 12, 2019 – Shelved