Abigail's Reviews > A Return of Devotion

A Return of Devotion by Kristi Ann Hunter

I cannot put into words my love for this book. This book was a beautiful masterpiece. This book had me feeling so many emotions throughout the entire thing. This book had me laughing, sighing, squealing, and hiding underneath my pillow because (view spoiler) I literally freaked out. My sister was looking at me so weirdly. This book also had me nearly crying.

I loved Daphne's character. I related with her on a lot of things, well not all things, but a lot. She and I both have a wild imagination. I always am daydreaming and coming up with different situations in my brain. I loved her passion for the kids. Her love and compassion warmed my heart so much. I just love her character!!

William was also amazing. I loved getting to know him better. I loved how he treated Daphne and didn't force anything on her. He also was an amazing man of God and you could see that in the way that he cared for everyone. Sure, he definitely had his faults but he, just like Daphne, became a changed person through the blood of Jesus.

This story was truly an inspirational one. I loved the message that is being portrayed in these books. It's not everyday that you can pick up a book that is portraying a message like this. This is a message that I think a lot of people need to hear, especially those who have had sinned like these characters in the past.

The historical content in this book is impeccable and truly accurate to how times were back then. I was astonished at how well researched everything was. If there are any Jane Austen fans out there, this book series is for you!!

The ending of this book was really enjoyable to read except for the one part where a whole bunch of people came. Some people that I was very excited to see and others that I wanted to just punch! But page 354 was probably one of my favorite scene just because (view spoiler)

Overall this book was so beautifully written from the character to the message to even how historical accurate it was. If you haven't already, I highly recommend picking up and reading this series. You will not regret it!! :D

*I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. It did not have to be positive.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Return of Devotion.

January 11, 2019 – Shelved