Jill's Reviews > The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke

The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman

This is slightly dated (it was written in 2004), but it still holds a lot of good information for young people!

One of my friends on facebook, who is apparently a balla now, recommended this book and I figured I'd check it out. I soon learned that I am not as broke as Suze thinks I am... apparently there are people who run up 6-figure credit card debts? That literally blows my mind.

Anyway, Suze offers a TON of helpful information for young people who are starting careers. She has chapters about 401(k)s, buying a house, investing in mutual funds, talking about finances with a future partner... she covers it all. She uses understandable language and can really relate to young people's situations!

I didn't read every single page but I skimmed them! I can't even move out of my parents' house as it stands, so I didn't see the need to read every word of the "buying a house" section. But someday it will be useful!

I would buy this for a person graduating from college. It is legit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke.

January 23, 2012 – Started Reading
January 23, 2012 – Shelved
January 23, 2012 –
page 1
0.25% "My mom is making fun of me for reading this and I don't care!!!!"
January 29, 2012 –
page 120
30.38% "Suze makes me giggle. This book is legit and I am learning things!"
February 20, 2012 –
page 280
70.89% "Oh Suze... you're a dreamer. Real estate values DID go down!"
February 20, 2012 – Finished Reading