Kelly's Reviews > Jersey Angel

Jersey Angel by Beth Ann Bauman

it was ok
bookshelves: ya-fiction, read-in-2012

A bit of a reluctant 2 star on this.

I didn't connect with or care about any of the characters, as none of them were particularly developed. There wasn't really a plot -- there was the pregnancy issue with Angel's friend (view spoiler) -- but that sort of goes in and out between Angel's hook ups. I mean, this is a book about Angel's getting a lot of sex, which will definitely be the appeal for a lot of teen readers. I didn't find it particularly sexy because it felt so empty and meaningless, but that's how Angel preferred it.

I was hoping for a lot more out of this, especially in terms of the family story (because there's a lot to unpack there) and in terms of the fact this is set on the Jersey Shore. But I didn't really get much of anything at all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jersey Angel.

January 23, 2012 – Started Reading
January 23, 2012 – Shelved
January 23, 2012 –
0.0% "So when the editor sells the book as "oh this is all about sex," I mean..."
January 25, 2012 –
page 45
January 26, 2012 –
page 105
50.48% "oh my."
January 26, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012
January 26, 2012 – Shelved as: ya-fiction
January 26, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Trish (new)

Trish Doller I have this ARC but I'm afraid to read it now.

Kelly Trish wrote: "I have this ARC but I'm afraid to read it now."

You know, it just didn't work for me. I didn't find the characters all that compelling, and I also wasn't all that invested in the sex (and that was sorta what sold me on it in the first place).

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish Doller I just finished it and I feel pretty much the same way. I wanted more depth of character and a more meaningful arc for Angel.

Kelly Trish wrote: "I just finished it and I feel pretty much the same way. I wanted more depth of character and a more meaningful arc for Angel."

The potential was there, but it really just turned into meaningless (and uninteresting) sex.