DJ Sakata's Reviews > The Last

The Last by Tawna Fenske

bookshelves: adult-contemporary-romance, netgallery, humor

Favorite Quotes:

For the record, it’s a bad sign when the guy you’re having sex with buys you sleepwear that suggests you should cover up more.

I’m grinning like a girl who just unwrapped Barbie and the Barbie Dreamhouse…

“You just had a big birthday, am I right?” Glenda’s sympathetic cluck would be more appropriate if she offered it to someone who just lost a limb. “Best get to it, sweetheart. Those eggs are drying up.”

He stretches up and pulls back the cover on the car’s sunroof. It takes me a few seconds to figure out what I’m staring at. “Is that a butthole?” Ian nods solemnly. “Yep. The feline variety.” … The cat stays seated with its stink-star pressed against the glass… “I’d just appreciate him removing his cheerio from our line of sight… Well, fiancée… I can’t promise you romance, but I can promise you laughs.” “And cat buttholes,” I add.

He squirts some canned cheese onto a cracker and hands it to me. “Keeping it classy.”

My Review:

Favorite Quotes:

I’m grinning like a girl who just unwrapped Barbie and the Barbie Dreamhouse…

My Review:

I mirthfully smirked and periodically fanned myself throughout this fun and wickedly humorous tale featuring a pair of past college friends who had missed their chance at a deeper connection due to unfortunate timing and circumstances, but were back in touch ten years later while circling that big three-o celebration of their birth, and recalled they had jokingly made a pact to marry at that particular milestone if both were still single.

Ian thought he was taking a practical route of leaving love out of the mix by establishing a legal contract for a relationship of mutual attraction and benefit. Sarah was agreeable and determined to see the common advantage to deem it acceptable to settle for less than true love, but was having some minor difficulties in getting there. If not in total simpatico, they were more than compatible in most ways that counted, and then some. The plot seemed far-fetched yet the storylines were so smoothly engaging and gleefully entertaining, the premise became reasonably convincingly. And oh my, sizzle and snap, this couple of dirty talkers needed to keep a fire extinguisher handy as they were atomically hot and sensually matched well enough to leave scorch marks not only on the sheets but also on the ceiling, floor tiles, walls, and car seats. I had greatly enjoyed the previous books in this series and was instantly enamored with these endearing and cleverly crafted characters as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by DJ (new) - rated it 5 stars