Mary Drover's Reviews > Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks

Locke & Key, Vol. 5 by Joe Hill

bookshelves: horror, graphic-novels

I only have one volume left in this series, and I am 100% avoiding it. This was a really interesting addition to the story, as well, as it was mostly in the past. We got a lot of information about Dodge before he was Dodge, and got to see Rendell, which I thought was pretty neat. I liked the placement of this story set in the past toward the end of the series, too. We’ve been able to get to know the character of Dodge as he is now, and so this was like a punch to the gut a little? Like, HA you thought he was completely bad? Like wow, Joe Hill, way to pull a YA trope out and smack us over the head with it. That’s not to say it wasn’t done well, either, because while I definitely still hate Dodge, I’m a little sad for him, too. I did miss getting to see our regular characters, but I also really, really enjoyed all of the information we were given in this one, and I can’t even imagine what insanity is going to play out in the next one. Oh, and also: LEAVE BODE ALONE, DAMN IT!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locke & Key, Vol. 5.

January 9, 2019 – Shelved