Adam's Reviews > The Laws of Human Nature

The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene

liked it

Reads more like a textbook than a normal book. This book presents a wide scope of certain natural elements that pertain to humans in a universal sense. Greene talks of personality types, neuroses, empathy, narcissism etc. and after explaining these different elements of human nature he prescribes ways in which we can deal with them in ourselves and in other people. He presents the information through a mix of theory and historical anecdotes, which makes it not too bland.

How you appreciate this book really depends on the amount of time and focus you are willing to give it. To really appreciate it, time for intense personal reflection must be spent, but if you just flick over it, it will add little value. This is book that I surely will come back to time and time again throughout my life to understand my own personality in a clearer light, but simply not something I can finish in one go, It just gets too tedious and cynical (all of Greene's books have an underlying tone of cynicism, he tries to present deep and dark truths of humanity).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Laws of Human Nature.

Started Reading