P.S. Malcolm's Reviews > Clouded By Envy

Clouded By Envy by Candace Robinson

Oh. My. Goodness.

This book was awesome! At first, I wasn't sure if I would like it, but once I got about two chapters in I was hooked. I looooved the characters especially.

What I Liked:

1.) Okay okay okay okay so first of all, this book gets humor points! I love myself a funny character and that is Wes for sure. Wes is a great part of why I love this book. Not only is Wes funny, but he's the sweetest big brother, which leads me to the next point...

2.) I loved Luca's character, and the family dynamics in this book. It was evident that Bray was just meant to be with these guys, she fit in so well and everything felt so wonderful!

3.) I also loved the magic aspect of Bray's character. There was so much I didn't discover until later in the book and it really caught me off guard!

What I Disliked:

1. I found the first chapter a little bit confusing--but I think I was also resisting the 'bat' concept a bit. I couldn't figure out what they were, or where they were, exactly--everything felt a bit wonky until chapter two. But that didn't necessarily take away from the story.

2. I had a strong dislike for Brenik's character the whole way through--even at the end when he was changing his mindset. He just seemed very selfish and rude to me and I know that was the point--so it's not a criticism--but he was a hard character to stand reading about.

Final Thoughts:
This book can be intense, funny and heartwarming, and sad--oh my gosh, I was so sad at the end. It has a great message and the characters are fantastically written. I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clouded By Envy.

Finished Reading