CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨'s Reviews > A Match Made in Mehendi

A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai

A wholesome and lovely read! A story about matchmaking, desi identity and Indian culture, friendship, and even addresses bullying.

- Follows Simi, who comes from a long line of Indian matchmakers who creates an app to help pair up her schoolmates to make her mark in her second year at high school.
- This is such a cosy and light-hearted read; the sort of book you just read, feel the warm and fuzzies, and enjoy for what it is.
- Simi was such a fantastic protagonist and I really enjoyed her narrative! Her voice was fantastic, she is an artist and such a kind soul, fights for what she thinks is right, and she is a little flawed too.
- This book actually had one of the best love triangles I've read. I was curious to see where it went, and the relationships were developed organically and wonderfully.
- This book does tackle bullying, and I thought it was done in a sensitive way. The bully is a little exaggerated, but the impact of her bullying was not - so this was fine by me, as the latter was more important in the story.
- However, I do have thoughts on something that happens, and am not quite sure how to make of this. Spoiler ahead: (view spoiler)
- Honestly, I just enjoyed this book and think it's a great read.

Trigger/content warning: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Match Made in Mehendi.

January 8, 2019 – Shelved