Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Man With No Face

The Man With No Face by Peter  May

bookshelves: read-2019

The Man With No Face was first released around 40 years ago. This political thriller is a wonderful retrospective novel to a bygone time. Sure, 40 years ago doesn't sound that long ago, but as Peter May wrote in the intro, so much has changed. Just think about the hassle of trying to phone someone back then, no quick SMS to anyone. The political landscape is the same with backstabbing and money being the goal.

Peter May is a favorite author of mine and I'm glad to say that this book is really good! I found the story to be very interesting and really liked how Bannerman bonded with the Tania, the autistic girl of the murdered journalist. To have Kale, the killers POV especially when he started to have some doubts about his mission felt like a great addition to the story. How far would Kale go?

The Man With No Face may be 40 years old, but it has aged well. It's a strong book and I really loved reading a book set at the end of the 70s.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man With No Face.

January 8, 2019 – Started Reading
January 8, 2019 – Shelved
January 8, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 9, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
January 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by BlairB (new)

BlairB Magdalena wrote; "Just think about the hassle of trying to phone someone back then"

I have. It's my fantasy. Now I'm stuck with a slow cantankerous little thing sufficiently audacious to be called "smart," and I'll make the trade sight unseen.