Hannah Reinbeck's Reviews > Incest, Murder and a Miracle: The True Story Behind the Cheryl Pierson Murder-for-Hire Headlines

Incest, Murder and a Miracle by Cheryl Cuccio, Robert Cucci...

The title of this book summarizes what this true story is all about. I went into this book not knowing anything about this case and not being familiar with the details in any respect. The story is told from two perspectives, from Cheryl's point of view and Rob's point of view; which I thought was a nice touch.

As a survivor myself, I was drawn into Cheryl's story as she shares the horrible events that took place with her father. As she shares the details about the things she was forced to endure on a regular basis you can understand why she went to the lengths that she did in order to end the abuse and protect her sister.

I think many of us (survivors) do have those similar thoughts about wishing harm to our abuser, hoping somebody will step in and on our behalf to end the nightmare that never seems to end. Most of us think it and never act, but you just never know what you are capable of until you've been pushed too far. Cheryl, I applaud you for taking action and doing what you had to do in order to reclaim your life so that you were no longer a prisoner in your own home.

The incest portion is covered, the murder portion was mentioned, but to a lesser degree. The miracle portion was also covered in great detail. Once I finished the book, I was left wondering what happened to Sean and how much time did he serve for his actions. I went back through thinking I missed it. I thought that tidbit would have been mentioned because the sentencing for Cheryl and Rob was made clear. That is one reason why my rating is 4 and not 5. My other reason was that I felt they shared a bit too much information about future events that didn't necessarily need to be mentioned so early. This is just from a reader's perspective and has nothing to do with "rating" their life experience or the hardships that they have faced.

Cheryl and Rob have really endured more hurdles than most couples ever will. They really have seen each other through (what I hope) has been their worsed times and have come out stronger from that. We all need one strong, loyal friend/companion that we can say/share anything without being judged. Cheryl and Rob, they are that person for each other.

If you like non-fiction, memoir, true crime, this book will not disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incest, Murder and a Miracle.

January 8, 2019 – Started Reading