Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > The Kiss Quotient

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang

bookshelves: infatuatedpodcast, disability, autism, diverse-romance

Featured on Season 1 Episode 8 of The Infatuated Podcast ("Four romance books that will make you a better person"), to be published on January 10, 2018.

Hands down my favorite book of 2018. This book changed my life and my perception of who I am.

The main trope is reverse Pretty Woman, so the hero is a male escort the heroine hires to help her explore her sexuality.. The hero has so much patience, and such a big heart (not to mention SKILLS), that I just wanted to cuddle him and love him and take him home with me. The heroine has some very specific challenges, and she just sparkles as a person. Her situation is probably more common mainstream media portrays, and I ached for her, really felt her struggles.

At the end of this book, the author talks about her struggle and being late diagnosed with autism and recommends some books. Don't skip this last part! I recommend this book to ANYBODY, even if you believe you do not have autism or you're perfectly normal, whatever your perception of "normal" is. The Kiss Quotient will open your eyes to the struggles that some people have, and it might make you more willing to accept other people's quirks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kiss Quotient.