Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > The Year We Fell Down

The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: infatuatedpodcast, new-adult, college, disability

Featured on Season 1 Episode 8 of The Infatuated Podcast ("Four romance books that will make you a better person"), to be published on January 10, 2018.

I adore the hell out of this book. I never would have read it on my own if someone hadn’t said, “No seriously, you need to read this book.” It's heavily New Adult, and it does have a lot of angst in it, which is usually not my thing at all. But it's also got these overwhelming themes of positivity and acceptance, and the struggle is so real.

The heroine is paralyzed. The hero is on crutches. The emotional arc is so deep and complex, and the struggles are just eye opening, and the relationship between the two main characters is just adorable. I also fell in love with Harkness College, and the secondary characters are fantastic.

One thing you should be aware of going in is that he has a girlfriend. It’s one of the reasons I was initially unsure about this book. But, there is NO CHEATING, and I promise it's worth the read. The themes in this are unexpectedly deep, and if you like this one, you're going to love the series. i was sad when it ended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year We Fell Down.

Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
October 4, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
October 4, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
January 7, 2019 – Shelved