Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > The Duchess Deal

The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare

bookshelves: infatuatedpodcast

Featured on Season 1 Episode 8 of The Infatuated Podcast ("Four romance books that will make you a better person), to be published on January 10, 2018.

The Duke of Ashbury is a hero that I would put on a list of favorite heroes of all time. He's really gruff when you first get to know him, but it's penned in such an elegant, nuanced, skilled way that you understand that his gruffness doesn't come from him being a punk. That's just him. It's partly a defense mechanism, but partly it's funny. There's a subtle humor that comes through. And the heroine is totally on the same level with him. She's a seamstress who basically was like, 'well you know, I don't really have better prospects and I'm going to be out on the streets soon.' She's in a financial bind. He's offering to make her a Duchess. No woman in her right mind would say no to that.

So many things about this book are just fantastic. And surprisingly, this is my first Tessa Dare book. How have I read so many Regencies, but not Tessa Dare? I am an instant fan. I just love her style. I was laughing or commiserating every few pages.

But if you are not a fan of Regency, this might be a really good starter for you, because it does have a lot of the customs and the typical Regency type themes. It also has so much character, and it features a hero and heroine that are not typical for romance in general, but definitely not typical for Regency.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duchess Deal.

Finished Reading