Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > It Takes Two

It Takes Two by Jenny Holiday

bookshelves: infatuatedpodcast

Featured on Season 1 Episode 8 of The Infatuated Podcast ("Four romance books that will make you a better person), to be published on January 10, 2018.

The banter between the hero and heroine in this story is just off the charts. I loved that both characters are lawyers, and their wit is just delightful. You can tell these these two people are made to be together, and I love it when an author can slamdunk that chemistry, because that's part of what pulls me into these stories. I need characters that are memorable and that that really pop that have depth and realism but also sparkle to them and a little bit of magic, and these totally do. And the way they connect is fantastic. She is literally running from her past, which is him, and he is working himself into exhaustion because he's scared to leave his past behind.

iIt's a little bit New Adult angsty, which isn't normally my thing, but the emotional arc was strong and it was well grounded in the history of the characters. I just really enjoyed this story.

You should absolutely read this. It has all the feels, and I teared up multiple times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Takes Two.