Kat's Reviews > Analiese Rising

Analiese Rising by Brenda Drake

I was really surprised with this book. At first, I thought the atmosphere of the story was more of a creepy, 'we're watching you' idea because, really, throughout the entire book, we find that the main character, Analiese, appears to be stalked by these random people around every turn.

But through it all, there is a ton of action scenes, journeys across oceans, and a quest to figure out why her name, and the name of her deceased relatives, are on a single piece of paper. But this is just the beginning of all the people that seem to know everything about her..

After the crazy discovery of an older man struck on his death bed from a hit-and-run, we follow her as this orphan is thrown into a new light of death versus life. Starting with the first scenes with the frog in science class. From that moment on, I could tell that there was something special surrounding Analiese as more and more events occur similar to what happened.

Then, we find out that she isn't just an ordinary human: she's a Riser.

If you are a fan of mythology, this book will not disappoint. There are so many different gods and goddesses that track Analiese in the entire plot. Since I have very little knowledge of all the different entities, it was very interesting to see who they all were and their roles set by their tales.

And, I won't forget about the slow burning romance between two characters. I could tell that something may happen between them, but it was still fun to watch it all unfold.

The ending was satisfactory, but I could tell that there may be room for a possible sequel?

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. There are a lot of characters thrown into the mix which was a little bit hard to follow all of their roles, but I can say that it was still a quick, fun read.

Especially if you like real-world quests set in a fantasy setting with tons of mythology thrown in, this is a book you will want to try on your TBR!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Analiese Rising.

January 7, 2019 – Started Reading