K8CanApparate's Reviews > A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

** spoiler alert ** Oh, Queen Maas. You’ve won my loyalty. In a captivating second installment to A Court of Thrones and Roses (ACOTAR) I can’t help but wonder if this is one of the most riveting pieces of feminist young adult fiction literature that exists. This is my review of A Court of Misty and Fury; I will be giving my opinions on the characters, the love story, and the sex but I will mostly be discussing gender, the patriarchy, and abusive relationships. Read my full view at k8canrelate.com

WORLD BUILDING

“I smelled jasmine first—then saw the stars. A sea of stars flickering beyond glowing pillars of moonstone that framed the sweeping view of endless snow capped mountains. Welcome to the Night Court.”

How could you not ache to travel to the Night Court whilst reading about it? The way that Maas describes the sights, sounds, smells, tastes of each Court, but especially the Night Court... I almost feel like I can really book my flight. Even the architectural details (like that bathtub, where can i get one of those amirite?) left me wanting for nothing. And then there’s Starfell, how sublime was reading about Starfell?

I begin to hate Tamlin with such simmering rage. He represents all this is wrong the patriarchy. The ways that men believe they own women, the way they believe they control them, have a right to them. The ways in which they tell us what we can wear, what we can say, where we can go and with whom we go. The control that they seek above all, in order to protect their toxic masculinity. When Tamlin imprisoned Feyre, when he began to forbid her comings and goings, stopped including her in conversation, when he lost his temper so completely that Feyre had to cower in fear for her life...my heart ached for every survivor of abuse at the hands of a lover. That is not love, it never will be.

Read my full view at k8canrelate.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Mist and Fury.

January 6, 2019 – Shelved
January 6, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 9, 2019 – Started Reading
January 9, 2019 –
page 23
3.67% "Okay but how realistic is it that these literary females ALWAYS reach orgasm though? Maybe I’m just jelly 😆"
January 9, 2019 –
page 182
January 10, 2019 –
page 184
29.39% "“As Ming as the people who matter most know the truth, I don’t care about the rest...”"
January 10, 2019 –
page 184
29.39% "Okay that was supposed to say
“As long as the people who matter most know the truth, I don’t care about the rest...”"
January 11, 2019 –
page 262
January 12, 2019 –
page 337
53.83% "To the people who look at the stars, Rhys.

To the stars who listen—and the dreams that are answered."
January 12, 2019 –
page 488
77.96% "That I would have beauty, for those who knew where to look, and if people didn’t bother to look, but to only fear it. . . Then I didn’t particularly care for them, anyway."
January 13, 2019 –