Sarah's Reviews > Boys of Brayshaw High

Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads

I am always a bit hesitant to start a YA book, but this one was screaming my name with the sassy heroine and angst. The anti-heroes are not yet men, but are definitely not boys either. And this heroine is all things feisty, defiant, and independent...she is the center of their storm, and their story will suck you right in from the beginning.

The three Boys of Brayshaw High, Maddoc, Royce, and Captain are EVERYTHING I love about young adult anti-heroes. They are possessive, loyal to each other, intimidating, and hot AF. Although they are not related by blood, they certainly act like true brothers and I absolutely loved how they did nothing on their own, and were there at a drop of a hat when the other one called - no matter what. Their fierce passion and deep emotions came out more and more frequently as their story went on, and I fell for them hard. I wanted to hate them, but could only fall for them in the end. They will break your heart and make you swoon at the same time.

Raven is one of the toughest heroines I have ever read. She has her guard up so high emotionally, lets no one in, gives zero F***KS, and has a broken and dark past. She has had no one - and I mean no one - in her life care for her, and has been taught to rely on no one but herself. When these boys come crashing into her life, you want to protect her, but quickly learn that she is not the one who needs protecting - she simply needs to open her heart and life up to someone, anyone who will let her in. She does not trust easily (or at all), and I found myself yelling at her to just LET SOMEONE IN.

"To feel is to follow. And I'll pave my path along no one's steps but my own." - Raven

This story will take you through all of the HS drama with some catty girls, bullies, hooking up, drugs, parties, etc... but it goes beyond to a much deeper level where these broken young adults are forced to grow up quickly on their own and navigate a world that has not been kind to them. I love the angsty emotional roller coaster and edginess of this book, and I CANNOT WAIT for Book #2. Well done M. Brandy - I am officially a fan!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boys of Brayshaw High.

January 6, 2019 – Started Reading