KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Abattoir

Abattoir by K. Larsen

bookshelves: 2019-arcs, standalone, 2019-read, sick-twisted, dark, 4-stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic X X Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

❝ I burn like the sun, scorching and fierce; and he’s like the moon, cool and collected, keeping the ebb and flow of the tides in order.❞

‘ABATTOIR’ Is a dark romance novel by authors K. Larsen & Yolanda Olsen, this is Bishop's and Josi's story.

Confession time, soooooo I kind of went into this blind, like literally blind, so there I was sitting with my cup of coffee in hand, reading the synopsis for the first time, *Yes I'm that kind of reader* I liked the sound of it so was in my happy place
A love story about Josi & Bishop, ✔️✔️

BUT As I progressed further into the book I realised it’s M/M holy f#cking sh#t, it’s not really a genre I’ve read before, like EVER am I out of my comfort zone f#ck to the yes. Am I a prude!?! looks up to the ceiling, shrugs *GULPS* But pulling up my big girl panties I carried on.

50274334-1190668371083366-2097672992417906688-n

Bishop is a handsome much older distinguished man, he's got the salt and pepper hair going on, and with the perfect sexy crinkle around his eyes. He's the glue of their relationship. Then we have Josiah, he's the man child in the relationship, he's much younger, eighteen years younger to be exact, but he has a need to please and submit to Bishop on all levels. These two really do love each other and that really jumps out at you.

And then Oh god!! WTF!! Because progressing further into this book my insides got all twisted up over a scene, I wanted to jump in the book and grab the little monster, this was so much more than what I expected it was going to be, nothing's really going to prepare you for this book, it's dark, but not extremely so, it's kind of gritty, it's twisted and sick and it's beyond f#cked up, I don't know what else to tell you without divulging spoilers..

And lets just say it's not a book you'd discuss in your vanilla book club because they sure will look at you funny and maybe lock the door next meet 🤷‍♀️But anyways good luck..Hope your as sick as me and end up enjoying it as much as I did. And oh lordy I'll be kind of looking at our local butcher sideways from now on!!

This was really well written, you can't pick up where one author left off and the other came in, it flowed perfectly, you kind of connect with the characters hmmmm scrub that maybe not, I fully connected with the crazy ride these two took me on over anything else and I hope they co-write something else again in the future.

* Teaser used is off the authors facebook page *

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abattoir.

January 6, 2019 – Shelved
January 27, 2019 – Shelved as: dark
January 28, 2019 – Started Reading
January 28, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-stars
January 28, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Awesome review Kat ;) xoxo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Kat ;) xoxo"

My Pink Fairytales Fab review ❤️

Nazanin Wonderful review, Kat! 💜

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Kat! 💜"

My Pink Fairytales wrote: "Fab review ❤️"

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed it! And that cover is gorgeous. <3 :) xoxo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, Kat! Glad you enjoyed it! And that cover is gorgeous. <3 :) xoxo"

That cover is deceiving lol But thank you xox

Nikki ღ Navareus Amazing review, Kat. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for this one. I've read some of Yolanda's other stuff and it was indeed brutal. Glad you enjoyed this one despite the sick and twisted elements. :) xx

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Amazing review, Kat. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for this one. I've read some of Yolanda's other stuff and it was indeed brutal. Glad you enjoyed this one despite the sick and twisted elements. :..."

LOL!! I don't think I've read that others previous works but I'll definitely check her out

message 10: by CC (new) - rated it 5 stars

CC Fab review, Kat! Glad you pushed your comfort zone on this one. ;D

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ CC wrote: "Fab review, Kat! Glad you pushed your comfort zone on this one. ;D"

LOL!! THank you CC!! xox