Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > Saving Susannah Jones

Saving Susannah Jones by Carolyn Frank

bookshelves: 2019, clean-read, historical-fiction, received-to-review, romance

Life on the frontier can be difficult. Susannah Jones has just lost her father due to a fire. She is expected to stay and take care of everyone else when she has been injured and not dressed properly. She is a caregiver. She finds satisfaction in a job well done and helping those whom she loves. When she's taken advantage of, the independent streak comes out. That is the Susannah that I enjoyed in this book!

Joseph is lonely. He lives on an isolated homestead. Having Susannah show up unexpectedly on his land was a banner day for him. I loved how they were able to overcome fears and become friends before there was romance. They are both honorable and having them together was a treat. They are the kind of couple that I like to root for in a book.

This book deals with a lot of hardships taking care of an isolated farm. Joseph is friends with Native American's and I loved the role that they played in this story. I loved that the characters looked past prejudices and saw the person.

This story contains a little bit of mystery/suspense. Someone is trespassing on Joseph's land and sabotaging his farming efforts. This book comes to a great climax that kept me wanting to read.

This story contains Christian elements, kissing, closed door intimacy, and non-graphic violence.

Source; I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Susannah Jones.

January 5, 2019 – Started Reading