Lori's Reviews > Psychopomps

Psychopomps by Alex DiFrancesco

bookshelves: arc-reviewers-copy, downloads, has-religion-in-it, nonfiction, most-interesting-title, queer-fic

In Psychopomps, Alex swings wide the doors, letting the reader crawl deep down inside, sharing with us their confusion, frustrations, losses, and ultimate relief as they move along their journey to self discovery.

An impressively powerful collection of essays on gender exploration and identity, finding and losing and rediscovering religion, and the always problematic quest for love and understanding as one is still learning to love and understand themselves. And it's courageous as all fuck if you ask me. Shedding your skin like that in front of everyone? What a big hot beautiful mess!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Psychopomps.

January 5, 2019 – Shelved
January 25, 2019 – Shelved as: nonfiction
January 25, 2019 – Shelved as: most-interesting-title
January 25, 2019 – Shelved as: queer-fic
January 25, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Nice, i'm glad to see this was a 4 star read, I've heard good things and have been thinking about moving it up my to-read list.

Lori It's a really powerful read, Chloe. I would definitely recommend it. Alex's writing really pulls you in. It's like they're having a conversation with you over a beer. It's super causal and endearing but at the same time, filled with these awful gut punches.