Brooke (The Cover Contessa)'s Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Jan 22, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read 2 times. Last read February 12, 2012 to February 16, 2012.

This book started of a little slow to me. I guess because I wasn't used to the writing. The book is set in the 1800s so of course the author would make it want to seem that it was right! I was reminded of Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights at first. It's been so long since I read a classic like that. The language seemed so odd. And I just wasn't getting it at first. Then it just clicked and WOW I am glad it did. This is truly a great book. So different from anything I have ever read. The characters are very well developed, although Will is still a mystery to me, which makes me want to continue on to the next book, of course! You can see Miss Gray's character change from a girl who was completely innocent to someone who begins to really understand the world around her. And the tension between her and Will, and her and Jem, is unmistakeable. I really enjoyed this and I am looking forward to the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Oh, I can never get enough. Which, incidentally, is what your sister said when--”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Cassandra Clare
“Will pointed a finger accusingly in their direction. "You're ganging up on me. Is this how it's going to be from now on? I'll be the odd man out? Dear God, I'll have to befriend Jessamine."

"Jessamine can't stand you," Jem pointed out.

"Henry, then."

"Henry will set you on fire.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
January 22, 2012 – Shelved
February 9, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal
February 12, 2012 – Started Reading
February 13, 2012 –
6.0% "A little weird, but I'll stick with it."
February 13, 2012 –
12.0% "Ok, now I'm hooked! LOL!"
February 14, 2012 –
26.0% "My battery died on my last night while I was reading...argh!"
February 14, 2012 –
February 15, 2012 –
February 16, 2012 –
61.0% "Ok, so I'm finally really into this. For me it took much longer than expected, tho :("
February 16, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 22, 2012 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
December 26, 2016 – Shelved as: books-that-chang... (Hardcover Edition)