L.K. Jay's Reviews > Pike's Quest

Pike's Quest by K.J. Bennett

bookshelves: fantasy

I always thought that I wasn't much of a fan of the fantasy genre but of course that is rubbish as I love sci-fi (which is fantasy with a bit of sci) and I have of course read Lord of the Rings and am part way through the Game of Thrones endurance event.

At the beginning of the story, we meet our hero the young Pike and his skin condition, sitting on a sacred stone. Which talks to him. He's sent to save Moorlock the Warlock and on the way, he has adventures and makes friends including Horse, Robyn and Elf. We go on a journey in a medieval fantasy land, or is it? That's the real mystery and I'm not going to tell you what that is, you'll have to read it to find out for yourself!

Pike's Quest is really good fun and it manages to do what a lot of fantasy fiction doesn't, it doesn't take itself too seriously but creates characters that are fun, sympathetic and you want to root for. The wit is sharp and affectionate and I can't wait to read the sequel when it comes out at the end of the year. And don't forget to moisturise!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pike's Quest.

January 22, 2012 – Started Reading