Morgan's Reviews > It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work

It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried

it was ok
bookshelves: robot-lyfe, audio, 2019

Meh. I was hoping for more due to the recommender and the authors' being the 37signals guys. I listen to and read productivity stuff that is typically geared towards businesses with my role as homemaker in mind. I have found a lot of helpful ideas in the genre, but this book was sorta of disappointing. I do wonder if that's because a *ton* of it was about meetings and other dangers of working as a group - this doesn't apply smoothly to being a mom and manager of a home as the needs of my kids and husband are the entire point of what I'm doing.

My hopes rose way too high when I got to the part about making your company a product that is easy to use for your employees and customers. This hit right where I'm doing a lot of thinking and work as I want our household to be something that has a great user interface for everyone that lives here or visits. But then...that was kind of it on that topic. I wish someone would write a book about how to use franchise-style systems to your advantage at home. Maybe there isn't a huge market for that? Lol.

Also, so many f-bombs - particularly striking in the audiobook as the narrator is a woman who sounds very sweet and calm.

HT: Luke Jankovic via Rachel on WHY!???!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work.

January 5, 2019 – Shelved