Terence M's Reviews > Kill Process

Kill Process by William Hertling

did not like it
bookshelves: dnf-did-not-finish, sci-fi-fantasy

Audiobook - 12:45 hours - Narrator: Jane Cramer
Listened to: 04:43 hours - Balance: 08:02 hours.
Nominated as a "sci-fi thriller", not one of my usual genres, the blurb was intriguing enough for me to try this novel as a break-out because of its "kick-ass" one-handed heroine protagonist.
During the first two hours or so, the heroine uses her super fantastic hacking expertise to profile and identify domestic abusers and ultimately kill the worst of them.
Interesting enough I thought, and I was mostly au fait with all the technobabble, but over the next two hours she decides that her employer, a mega-"sort-of Facebook", is contributing to the reasons behind the sexual abuse of women. Or maybe she thought that her employer was abusing everybody through its manipulation of its advertising revenue, I'm not really sure. Whatever, she decides to build, from the ground up, the world's biggest social network and put her employer out of business.
One third into the book and she put me out of business!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Process.

January 4, 2019 – Shelved
January 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 5, 2019 – Started Reading
January 6, 2019 –
16.0% "Audiobook - 12:45 hours - Narrator: Jane Cramer
Listened to: 02:22 hours - Balance: 10:23 hours.

Nominated as a "sci-fi thriller", not one of my usual genres, the blurb was intriguing enough for me to try it as a break-out because of its "kick-ass" heroine. OK so far."
January 7, 2019 –
33.0% "Audiobook - 12:45 hours - Narrator: Jane Cramer
Listened to: 04:43 hours - Balance: 08:02 hours.

This novel has taken a turn for the worse, in my opinion, and I am no longer reading it for pleasure."
January 7, 2019 – Shelved as: dnf-did-not-finish
January 7, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi-fantasy
January 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by William (new)

William Sounds good I just finished the first two parts of the non-fiction "Dark Territory" which is about the dangerous cyber-hacking

Terence M I gave up on this, William … :(

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol That good. Eh? May your next read be better.

Terence M Carol wrote: "That good. Eh? May your next read be better."

Thanks Carol :)

Janet Newport Sorry you found it as painful as I did. Cheer up! There's lots more better books to be read.

Terence M Janet wrote: "Sorry you found it as painful as I did. Cheer up! There's lots more better books to be read."

Thank you Janet!

message 7: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Oy..... sorry it was a “Debbie downer!”

Terence M Haha! Thank you Brandy 🥰

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt Nice review, Terry. Sorry it missed the mark!

Terence M Thanks, Matt!

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Doesn’t look like you have had many good reads lately, Terence. Hope that changes with one you are currently reading!

Terence M Paula wrote: "Doesn’t look like you have had many good reads lately, Terence. Hope that changes with one you are currently reading!"
You're quite right, Paula! But I have a big collection of audiobooks and I just keep buying them as well (Audible is such a temptation!) - so if one doesn't suit my taste, I just flick it and move on to another.