Viviane Cordeiro's Reviews > The White Princess

The White Princess by Philippa Gregory

Jan 21, 2012

Well, this is a controversial one. The way Philippa recreated Henry VII's life was different from what I've heard - but, nevertheless, this is such a wonderful book! People need to remember this is solely fiction, nobody here is trying to teach in History classes.
Gregory's writing is great as ever, and you start to get along with the characters - even that stupid and boring Cecily and the once-triumphant Lady Katherine Huntly (Elizabeth's view on Katherine's is quite interesting, considering that she had the same part before while in Richard III court and under Anne of Warwick's nose).
One of the things that I enjoyed the most in this book is that this is an almost prequel for 'The Constant Princess', one of my favorite books. I just love Katherine of Aragon and whenever she was mentioned in 'The White Princess', I got goosebumps.
In my point of view this is not the best 'Cousin's Wars' book, but it's not the worst. The White Queen is by far my favourite and The Red Queen was like a sleeping pill (as my friend would say!).
And there's one more book to go, 'The Last Rose', maybe my favourite/worst list might change a little bit!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Princess.

January 21, 2012 – Shelved