Hristina's Reviews > Only Ever Her

Only Ever Her by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen

liked it
bookshelves: thriller, reviewed, from-netgalley, first-read, e-books, adult-lit

I'm not really sure what my opinion on this book is. It's a bit complicated, and I'm somewhere in the middle between liking it and not.
I found the characters intriguing, but at the same time I lost myself between all the POVs and as much as I thought a character was interesting, all the switching between everyone was a bit frustrating as it minimized the tension the previous entry was building. That's something that happened all throughout this book for me, every time I felt as though the tension in the atmosphere rose it was suddenly gone.
I also found that the switching between so many characters didn't give enough time for me to connect to one, but at the same time, I thought the writing style was interesting. I felt as though the mystery was set up well, but the roller coaster of ups and downs when it came to the tension took away from the overall experience, and the ending left me wishing it was all different.
I feel like the idea behind this book wasn't executed to my liking. Maybe I'm just reading it at a completely wrong time, and I'm open to giving it a shot later on, but as it stands now this is a three star for me. I enjoyed reading this book for what it was, but it didn't wow me.

*Copy received through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
*Rating: 3/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Ever Her.

January 4, 2019 – Shelved
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: from-netgalley
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: first-read
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: e-books
April 13, 2019 – Shelved as: adult-lit

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Ivana - Diary of Difference That cover is gorgeous!

Hristina Ivana - Diary of Difference wrote: "That cover is gorgeous!"

I agree, it really is :)