Sable's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

This book was a surreal experience for someone who saw the TV show first. Because here, the text and the show dramatically part ways, and become in many respects entirely different stories. There's a whole lot of stuff going on with the Ironborn that is poignant and terrible and the show didn't touch it at all.

Not to say I didn't thoroughly enjoy it! It's just that it's sooooo much more complicated, and there's so much going on! We got to meet characters we have barely even seen in the TV show, and entire subplots unfolded that were either not present, or truncated. For instance, the Sand Snakes serve more purpose and make a lot more sense. And there's a whole lot going on in the North that's barely touched on in the show. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it's right out of a Grimm's fairytale. Grimm's, not Anderson's. This is, after all, Game of Thrones.

An intense and exciting read that I couldn't put down, even when I had other things I really had to do.

I am really behind on book reviews. Expect a bit of a backdated blitz over the next few days. Date I finished reading is estimated because I am so far behind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

January 3, 2019 – Started Reading