Juli's Reviews > Even If I Fall

Even If I Fall by Abigail  Johnson

bookshelves: netgalley-arcs

I would like to thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for my advanced copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

In this young adult novel, we get to know Brooke and Heath. Two broken teenagers. One the sister of a murderer, the other the brother of his victim. They give each other solace and understanding and someone to rely on during a time their families suffer and certainly don't allow their paths to cross. Abigail Johnson deals with death, grief, and loss in a beautiful way in this book. It's raw and real. It's all-consuming but also slowly subsiding. Her writing takes you through the different stages of letting go and coming to terms with the past. It allows you, the reader, to move on together with her protagonists. The main plotline is secondary but gives the novel the structure it needs to bring its message across.

I believe this is an important read for kids and adults alike. If you're looking to understand what you or someone is going through at a time of hurt and sadness, you will find some condolence and maybe even answers in this story.

See my blog (spoilers possible!) here: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/201....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Even If I Fall.

January 3, 2019 – Started Reading