B.A. Wilson's Reviews > The Princess and the Fangirl

The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston

24206425

bookshelves: ya, 2019-alphabet-challenge, diversity

I loved this one, but I'm a sucker for a Parent Trap situation, even if I occasionally have to suspend disbelief to stay in the moment.

I have to confess, I wasn't even aware this is the 2nd book, following Geekerella. I just saw it on NetGalley, and requested an ARC because it looked interesting. I confess that I liked this one better than Geekerella, and it breaks out a whole lot of literary tropes, including a Romeo and Juliet scene that actually manages to be charming.

The story has two unique POVs, one that is a bit angsty and always hard on herself, and one that is awkward but open in an honest, refreshing, and often funny sort of way. It's a really nice contrast, and I even enjoyed the different budding relationships and feelings that evolve (not between the two POVs).

I liked this a lot, and while it references Geekerella, you don't necessarily need to read the first book to understand and enjoy this. I say that with certainty, because I probably read 500 books between Geekerella and this one, which means I don't remember much of Geekerella anymore, but I survived this new addition just fine.

This one is great for nerds, fangirls, fanboys, and pop culture junkies, as well as anyone who likes interesting and diverse contemporary romance novels. Added bonus: the Con setting.

Pages: 320

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Fangirl.

January 3, 2019 – Started Reading
January 3, 2019 – Shelved
January 27, 2019 –
37.0% "Not quite what I expected in the best sort of way. 🧡"
January 28, 2019 –
61.0% "So far, I'm absolutely charmed by this one."
February 10, 2019 – Shelved as: ya